“Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.”
This quote already indicates the topic that we will deal with today: fear. In fact, this blog will rather be about dealing with and overcoming fear than fear itself. Fear is more of a current status than an emotion. Fear is the manifested result of anxiety. Everybody has experienced it, and for some it is even a daily companion that tries to slow us down and prevent us from living properly. So, how do we deal with this matter? It is our own responsibility to acknowledge, face, and dissolve our fear. The following are advices that helped myself overcoming my fears and living without being limited.
- Get comfortable with fear: Invite fear into your life. When you fear something, move toward it. Feel it, and breathe through it. Do the things that frighten you. Action builds courage.
- Make your dominant thoughts positive: Fearful thoughts attract more fear. Positive thoughtsattract success. Instead of expecting the worst, train your mind to expect the best. Make positive assumptions about your future.
- Don’t stay on scarcity: Focus your attention on being ready, willing, and prepared for the beauty, wonder, connections, good fortune, and favorable circumstances that are yours if you are willing to work and be open to it.
- Revisit your victories: From time to time, close your eyes, remember your greatest achievements and remember who you are and that you are a wonderful person.
- Plan to be great: Step into your power and dream big. Follow it up with calculated risks and deliberate action steps. Have no doubt about your success. You have the power to do what it takes to break through any obstacles that stand in the way of yourself, your dreams, and your happiness.
These are just advice that have helped ME in my own process of overcoming fear. Maybe for you it will be something else. However, they may help you in finding your won path. In the end, things like this will take time and a lot of effort and the road will not always be straight. But that’s totally fine, as long as you keep going and reach your goal eventually.